Log in

No account? Create an account

March 2018



Powered by LiveJournal.com

Pain! Pain! Pain!

Yesterday I had pre-op appointments for my minor surgery to remove a cyst from my middle finger. The first appointment was with my surgeon's staff. They needed some paperwork filled out and listened to my heart and lungs. Then I had to go to Cayuga Medical Center and have some tests and lab work. I had a hard time finding a parking spot. (CMC has a power station for electric cars. I had never seen one of those before. Someone was using it!) I sat in my car thinking about skipping my appointment. There is a lot of walking involved with CMC. But I knew I had to do this in order to have my surgery. Luckily for me there was a bench right inside the door where I could sit and rest. My first stop was to give all my insurance information and fill out some paperwork. Then I was seen by a woman I think was a nurse and she entered all the answers from the paper work into the computer. Another nurse came in and listened to my heart and lungs and did an EKG. Then I was off to the lab where I filled out more forms and gave blood and urine samples.

I didn't have this thorough of a pre-op when I had my hernia surgery. But it is done now.

I could feel my knee bones grinding against each other as I walked back to my car. It wasn't really painful yet but I knew it would be.

It's hard to answer when people ask me about my pain and anxiety. The way I felt before I went into the hospital wasn't exactly anxiety. It was the knowledge that if I started walking into the building I was going to hurt later. And I didn't want to do it. But I did it anyway.

B took me to lunch at the Boatyard Grill. That is a nice restaurant. Our waitress was very friendly. I had a salad and a oyster po' boy. I also ordered the apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It was very good.

By the time I got home I was sore and exhausted. My internet wasn't working again. I checked the cords and they were plugged in but I couldn't get access. I read for a while and went to sleep.

This morning I unplugged the wifi station and plugged it in again and my access came back.

I also discovered that Calli had killed a mouse in my computer room. *sigh* Mice. None of my cats have caught mice. I hadn't seen any mouse damage. Damn. Marilyn called me yesterday. She is back from her trip and will be coming to get Callie soon.